I find the “good riddance to this year” trope, even in terrible years, unhelpful and uninteresting, and in light of some recent years, not particularly meaningful. Here’s some highlights of my past 12 months.
- Finally took a letterpress workshop at Public Space One
- Replaced 2,500 car miles with an electric pedal-assist bike
- Hiked more than 100 miles, including in the Rocky Mountains and the Loess Hills
- Added a redwing blackbird to my arm thanks to Nikki Powills
- Had really meaningful and sometimes tough conversations with my kid who is now on the verge of adulthood
- Ended my 1,010-day COVID-free streak
- Engaged with friends and family for walks, meals and more